I'm Standolyn Robertson, a Certified Professional Organizer. I founded
Things in Place in 2000 to dovetail my enthusiasm for organizing with
my skills, artistic talent and values.
excel at organizing because I start at the roots and work up. I recognize
the emotional impact of the work that needs to be done. So I listen
to you carefully, then quickly analyze and strategize before I start.
Using this approach, I've helped clients surmount any challenge they
designer's eye helps me visualize creative new possibilities for using
space. And my artistic nature spurs me to bring out your self-expression
in our planning.
- Confidentiality and discretion. A client's trust is everything.
- Respect. Clients' weak spots do not cancel out their many
strengths. There is no judgement.
- Individuality. Each client presents a unique set of challenges.
And each has a unique measure of success: physical, fiscal, temporal,
- Self-determination. Clients have the right to keep what
they want and let go of what they don't want.
- Sustainability. Client commitment to a long-term strategy
I work with all types of people who seek help getting organized at
home, at work, or both. My specialties include:
- Entrepreneurs and home-based business owners.
- Artists, writers, and other creative professionals.
- New mothers and working mothers.
- People who are chronically disorganized. I am the
Programming Director for the National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization.
- People diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. About 50% of my ADHD
clients are referred to me by psychologists and personal coaches.
Follow these links to learn more about me,
about my organizing services
and about working with a professional
"Having ADD is a challenge, and I needed to find more
effective ways to keep paper from building up. Other organizers asked
me to create my own structure. But Standolyn's structured system gave
me confidence she knew what she was doing. She also helps by being
positive. Now I feel more peaceful and in control of my home and my
life. Having Standolyn's support makes me feel like I am not in this
alone. She's the best professional organizer I've ever worked with"
— S.G., Brookline, MA